Thursday, August 27, 2009

No way Jose

I'm not usually a sign-watcher, but strange happenings have been occuring that are all centrally focused on one dismal reality...

I'm getting old.

First, it was the 15 gray hairs above my ears (not in my ears, that would give me 2 reasons to be depressed) I ripped out a month or so. I was so shocked I might as well pulled 6 feet of ringworm out of my ears.

Next, it's the fact that I can't get away with eating two Rhoads cinnamon rolls right before bed anymore without waking up and feeling like poop. That stuff used to melt off in the night but now I officially can't see my belt when I lean over.

Finally, we took Avery to her pre-school open house last night. Bleh. I looked forward to school like early Native Americans looked forward to European diseases. Why don't they invent "Pre-Root Canal"? Or "Pre-Prostate Exam"?

Oh well, I can't slow down time just any better than I can slow down these kids. So to Mrs. Camilee, who will be introducing my child to her first go at organized chaos, if you need me during Avery's class, I'll be outside.




4 comments:

Sara Ancich said...

your eloquence of words couldn't be any more vivid and true! you say what so many think and experience but don't know how to put into words. thank you for a good laugh...

Suzanne said...

I follow your wifes blog and now have started reading yours. Let me just say that you're family seems amazing. The love you have for eachother is so awesome. I love all your pictures and you give me a good laugh with your stories. Thanks!

Kit said...

Such a way with words....

and such beYOUtiful chillin's!

mmm...

it makes me happy to pop on over to pixel pop, every single time.....

Shannon said...

...if you scroll down from newest to oldest entries throughout your blog, it looks as if Quincy's teeth are being magically sucked back into her gums.


Ok, now I sound weird. Your girls are adorable.