Saturday, July 4, 2009

Parade goodness

Some traditions make you wonder who on earth started them, what were they thinking, and why do we continue them? The 4th of July Parade is most definitely not one of those traditions. Every year we snag the same prime real-estate under the big tree on 7th North, have the little brothers and sisters campout so no one pulls some imment domain crap on us, get up at 6am the next morning and wait...Of course they start the parade with all 7 firetrucks in Utah blasting their sirens as loud as possible. For some reason, Quincey just stares at me blankly when I talk to her...time for an ear check.



When the Flag came by, I told Avery to abduct the digits of her right hand and place them directly over her left ventricle...what a genius. I have to give Sid the Science Kid some of the credit.

So much happening in this picture. Matthew gleaming with excitement to hug his cousin. Quincey sticking her finger in Lila's mouth, probably trying to help unsnag some of those tough to reach phlegm balls.


Don't know what Q-Bear's infatuation with mouths are. I'm calling Dentistry in her future.



Until next year.

3 comments:

Amanda Bynum Photography said...

Great pictures! Very festive! Love the effect on the last photo...was that post processing? If so, what did you do?

MeganKP said...

awww those pics are adorable!
beautiful kids!
Megan

Collin Kartchner said...

Last pic I was going for the tilt-shift look, but I don't have a tilt-shift lens yet, so I blurred out the whole picture and erased the blur off the middle and decreased the amount of erasing as I worked my way outside. Doesn't look nearly as good as tilt-shift, but it'll do for now. thanks for asking!